i took some time off from blogging as i was really discouraged in not seeing any results since april and i decided i really needed to figure out what was going on with me, what was working, and what wasn’t..and now im back!!
losing weight is a difficult task, and trying to lose weight while you have pcos is even worse and i had to realize that this is going to take a while and its going to be really hard, but not impossible. i’ve decided that its consistency that’s what’s important and i wasnt being consistent before. i would be perfectly healthy one day, but then derail the next and so on. i think that’s really stunted my progress, and from now on im going to try and be as consistent as possible.
i also realized that yes, i have been working out a lot, but thats not what losing weight is all about. its only 30% exercise while the other 70% has to do with your diet. i was focusing so much on how much i worked out that what i ate didnt seem as important to me any more which was a HUGE mistake. but the best thing about making mistakes is that you learn from them, and im now shifting my focus more on the foods im eating rather than the calories im burning.
before i took my break, i was attempting the paleo diet, but i realized it just wasnt for me. carbs are what really hurts us, but telling myself i cant have any made me want to eat them more than when i wasnt doing paleo. im obviously going to keep my carb count down, never going over 100g a day, and ive been eating gluten free whenever possible, and i actually really like it.
all in all..im really just here to say im not giving up..nor will i ever. you’re only given one body. so take care of it.
I’m so glad to see you back! You CAN do this and you have a great plan on lock down.
I know a few of us with PCOS use MyFitnessPal. (It is a free food and exercise journal and we can support each other.) It has helped me. 🙂
Hang in there. No matter how slow progress is, it is still progress.
I just started the Keto diet. I’ve seen a couple of ladies find success with improving their PCOS with it, so I’m trying it out. Good luck with your journey!